Buying a property is such an exciting and life changing experience. We will guide you all the way, whether it is your first home, upsizing, downsizing or even if you are a seasoned property investor.
We have a few tips to guide you along the way.
- Set your criteria and start to search for properties online to establish whether there are properties that match your requirements. You may have to fine tune your criteria once you have established your must haves.
- Get mortgage advice to check affordability and obtain a confirmation of mortgage arrangements. Our Mortgage Advisors can help you and offer a free service, simply click here for mortgage calculators and contact details
- Do you sell or buy first? No vendor will accept an offer until they know how strong a buyer might be. We suggest that you should concentrate on your sale first so that when you find a buyer you will be in a strong position to secure your next property.
- Find the right property. Now that you have organised your finances, and negotiated a sale on your own property, you are in a position to make an offer. Our website is a fabulous resource for showcasing our properties and all the schools, shopping facilities, leisure facilities and transport links close by. And our staff all live locally - so you can get their advice too.
- Make an offer. Now that you have found a suitable property, you must decide how much to offer. Your offer will be determined by your budget, how much work may be required and the seller's circumstances. Make sure to present confirmation of your mortgage arrangements when you make an offer.
- Sale progression. If your offer has been accepted, will need to submit a mortgage application and instruct solicitors. We can help you with conveyancing quotes and recommend who to use. Your mortgage lender will carry out a survey and then issue a formal mortgage offer. Your solicitor will check the legal title, carry out searches and make sure all permissions, warranties and guarantees are in place.
- Exchange of contracts. Congratulations! Your solicitor has completed all the checks and both you and the seller have committed to a date for completion.
- Completion. Pick up the keys and move in.