Sellers Beware! Cheap is not cheap.
Why does it cost so much to sell a house? You might think that all an estate agent needs to do is list a property on Rightmove, sit back and wait for the phone to ring. If it was that simple, you could sell it yourself.
The right estate agent needs to understand you and what you hope to achieve. We turn that into a marketing plan that is personal and appropriate to you. All our customers are individuals with very personal needs, they are not numbers on a spreadsheet. Cheap solutions are not cheap, if they fail to get a sale that’s right for you.
We guide a vendor from the very outset right through to the handover of keys to a buyer. The step by step guide below explains what we do to ensure your journey has as few bumps along the way as possible.
- The Market Appraisal. We need to assess your position, your desired outcome, the time of the year and the situation with other properties already on the market.
- We need to consider your property and advise how to present it to the market. Do you need to declutter before you do a video tour? Do you need to do some gardening? Do we hold a Scheduled Viewing Event? How do we do this in a Covid-safe way? Do we need to do a 360 degree tour? Do we need drone footage? We’ll make sure your property stands out so you attract as much interest as possible.
- Solicitors. We cannot stress enough how important it is to engage with solicitors when you put your house on the market. We want your solicitor to be ready to issue all the contract documents as soon as a buyer is found. 30% of sales in England, Wales and Northern Ireland fall through between offer acceptance and exchange. We can influence that by being prepared.
- The viewing events. We show everyone around in a Covid-safe way, that minimises the amount of contact and disruption to your home. We make sure we know why the buyer is looking at your house so we can make a pitch to them that is appropriate. Just as no two sellers are the same, no two buyers are the same either.
- Offers. We are on your side, you are our customers and we aim to do the best we can for you. We research the buyers’ situation, their chain and their finances to try and ensure they are the right buyers for you. Once we have done this thoroughly, we’ll recommend which offers to consider.
- Sales progression. It is vital that we stay on top of your transaction. It is inevitable that queries or problems will crop up on the way and we need to be able to identify them and deal with them as quickly as possible. Lack of attention puts sales at risk. We won’t take our eye off your sale.
- Exchange contracts. This is a significant milestone, as it confirms your sale and your completion date for moving. We know local removal firms and can even recommend builders if you need work at your new home.
- Completion. It is time to hand over the keys. Let us have some keys in advance and we will hand them to your buyers when your solicitor has confirmed the transaction has formally completed. Don’t forget to take final gas, electric and water meter readings and set up a redirect for your post.