There is so much involved in letting a property. Selecting the right letting agent is a crucial first step. You need someone that understands you, what you are hoping to achieve and any worries you might have about your valuable investment.
Letting A Property Guide
We can guide you from the start of your letting journey, right to the point that we hand the property back to you in the future.
- Suitability. We will assess your property and give you appropriate advice. Whether you already own the property or are looking to make an investment purchase, we can advise you on how to get the right tenants and the best rent.
- Valuation. Our lettings experts have knowledge of properties currently being offered for rent as well as past performance. During the valuation we will also advise you on our marketing strategies that we know can find the best selection of tenants as quickly as possible.
- Instructing Us. We’ll give you a range of service level options that would best meet your requirements, then we will ask you to sign our terms and conditions.
- Marketing The Property. We cannot emphasize how much is involved here. We present properties so they get the best level of enquiries. We process these enquiries far quicker than any of our competitors. We use Rightmove, Zoopla, OnTheMarket, our website and Livestream viewings to get your rental income flowing fast.
- Viewings and Offers. As soon as the Covid-19 crisis hit, we started to market all our properties in the first instance via a Livestream viewing. This usually results in several applications right away. We’ll help you find the most suitable applicants, then carry out a Covid-safe physical viewing.
- Setting Up The Tenancy. Once you’ve chosen your future tenant, we will conduct a comprehensive assessment on their suitability. We can offer rent and legal protection insurance policies, credit, employment and previous landlord checks. If you’re happy with the results, we will prepare the tenancy. At this point you can tailor the agreement to include specific requests, such as a no smoking policy for example.
- Move in. We will agree an appropriate date for the start of the tenancy with you and your new tenant. Before the tenant moves in, we organise a comprehensive inventory as well as helping with all the necessary safety checks such as gas, electricity and smoke alarms. We’ll also confirm a standing order mandate with the tenants, so the rent starts coming in promptly.
- Completion. We give your tenant the inventory to agree its condition and register their deposit with The Tenancy Deposit Scheme. We provide a copy of the inventory and tenancy agreement electronically for your records.
- Management. Once the tenancy starts, our specialist property management team takes over. They will explain the benefits of our online maintenance reporting tool (Fixflo) and confirm arrangements for the payment of rent on a monthly basis.